Our Vermont B&B consists of 3 bedrooms that bring together modern touches with historic charm. Along with your private room and connected private bathroom enjoy several guest common areas (not part of the hosts’ living area). Including Library , sun porch sitting room, front porch, and dining room with coffee and other goodies.
Each room has unique features that highlight the history of the original house but have been updated to feature the modern comforts that will make your stay in Vermont exceptional.
Please note: All rooms have heat in the winter and air conditioning during the summer months.
The Engel House is an historic structure that was built in 1836. Some updates have been made to make the inn more accessible to ensure we align with ADA compliance. The historic nature of our house does not require us to align with ADA in all capacities, but we do try to ensure any guest who wishes to stay here can do so safely and comfortably. Please call us if you have any questions relating to room accessibility.
Engel House ADA Compliance
- All guests with disabilities can make a reservation in the same way as those without disabilities
- Guests with Service animals as defined by the ADA will have access to all areas of the house that guests without service animals are allowed.
- Handicap parking is provided and posted in the parking lot
- Every attempt to identify accessibility features is made across our website and in our house to ensure all guests have the right expectations before and during their stay.
Engel House Access Limitations
- We are not a wheelchair accessible inn. We have 4 steps at all entrances.
- There are 2 large stones that make the steps to the porch and the main entrance. Being natural stones, the pitch of the steps is not exact. During the winter, these steps may be icy despite our best efforts to keep them clear at all times. We ask guests use caution when entering the building.
- There is a slight step (about 2 inches) when entering and existing the sun porch sitting room. This step is easily missed. Please note you must go over this step when entering rooms 1 and 2.
- The indoor floors are original to the house and in some cases have an evident slant making it hard to balance. This is particularly true in the bathroom of room 3.
- There are no guest areas on the second floor of the house currently, please do not use the staircase in the foyer to access the second floor.
- All rooms do have fire alarms with strobes alerts